Do you love the idea of helping engaged couples pick out color schemes and themes for their big day? When your friends are ready to tie the knot, are you the one they go to for vendor and venue suggestions? If you’re looking for a way to turn your passion into a paycheck, the online wedding planner course at Ashworth College gives you everything you need to get started, plus a few extras you won’t find with most other wedding planner courses.
A Comprehensive Curriculum
Our online wedding planner course covers everything you need to know to excel in your career:
- Lesson Group One begins with basic study skills and progresses to key business and self-employment concepts.
- Lesson Group Two covers the bridal consultant’s role and the basics of wedding-planning: announcing the engagement, selecting styles, and popular traditions.
- In Lesson Group Three, you’ll learn about planning engagement parties, budgeting, proper wedding attire, and all the special events leading up to and following the ceremony (shower, rehearsal dinner, reception).
- Lesson 4 is an overview of all the important details of orchestrating the ceremony and planning the honeymoon. We even include tips on how to beat wedding stress.
- In Lesson Group 5, you’ll study how to market and launch your business.
Our course on how to become a wedding planner comes with additional resources to help you get the most out of the program. Lessons include virtual field trips that prepare you for what you will encounter as a wedding consultant. You’ll also receive the Wedding Planner Resources supplement, which consists of helpful checklists, scheduling forms, timetables, and more to help you stay organized.
At Ashworth College, we also provide one-on-one career guidance, help you explore employment opportunities and assist with resume-writing. Many students who complete our online wedding planner course go on to start their own businesses.
Tools to Grow Your Business
Upon earning your wedding planner certificate, you’ll receive a one-year membership to the Association of Bridal Consultants ($150 dollar value). Being a part of the largest group of wedding professionals in the world allows you to network with like-minded individuals who have “been there, done that” and can share advice and insights so you don’t have to “re-invent the wheel.” You’ll also have the opportunity to become a Sandals® Resorts Destination Wedding Specialist.
Ready to say “I do” and become a wedding planner?